QU201 Prof. Scott Leone
Pan America Building, Washington, D.C.
Completed in 1910, this building was the center of Pan_American trade and relations in its day, with President Theodore Roosevelt as the biggest advocate of the organization. Paid for by Andrew Carnegie and opened by President Taft, the building was Paul Cret's first major commission.
Many innovations in plaster detail. Base stone not known.
Uncirculated: Shrink wrapped in clear plastic from original Italian publisher, 1999. Ships with fresh samples of sparkling Stony Creek pink granite for historians, collectors, geologists and classrooms. Additional samples available upon request.